Firstly, please do check with your healthcare professional before enjoying these...
A little quote to bring us into this lovely summary of these super-potent and enjoyable medicinal mushrooms:
“Nothing is more powerful than an idea whose time has come...”
Now, The VERY short version Reishi for calmness and immune support, Lion's Mane for focus/brain function, creativity and gut health, Chaga for immune support, antioxidants, Turkey Tail for immune support (and lots anti-cancer studies), Agaricus for immune support and anti-tunor potential.
Ready and keen for more details?
Oh, before the specific benefits and information on these medicinal mushrooms, what to do with these beauties?
Add to hot water, hot choc, coffee, or even smoothies, though ideally in a warm liquid to support delivery to your body!
- Immune modulator
- Bitter in taste, great in coffee, hot choc or on own.
- Shen tonic
- Heart opener (hence the name)
- Fruiting body dual extract.
- I will drink Reishi regularly for the rest of my life.
REISHI SPORES (from wood grown Reishi).
- Hormone balancer
- Nutty / neutral taste
- Immune support
- Spores are like the seeds of the reishi mushroom.
LIONS MANE (Dual Extract wood grown).
- Focus, clarity, creativity.
- Taste is malty / leans to sweet over bitter.
- Support gut health (gastro-protective potential by nourishing stomach juices)
"It is speculated that the bioactive compounds present in the extract may play a major role in gastro-protective activity."
- Gut brain connection a positive factor here too.
- Dual extract critical on Lions Mane (it is the alcohol soluble compounds that may cross the blood brain barrier)
- Studies are on cumulative use, i.e every day or regularly for 3 to 6 weeks.
- I will drink lions mane at different times of the year for the rest of my life.
- Harvested in Summer and Autumn.
- Nourishes the Spleen and Stomach
- Support Memory
- Induce NGF Synthesis (Nerve Growth Factor)
- Chaga has been studied for its anti-viral, anti-cancer, anti-fungal, anti-allergic, anti-malarial, and anti-tumor properties.
- Chaga is LOADED with antioxidants (with an exceptional ORAC value, it beats almost all other foods).
- High ORAC score depends on growing conditions. Hence why source is critical.
- Potent source of Betulin, betulinic acid and lupeol.
- Betulin et al above are key player in the anti-viral and breaking down of cholesterol in the blood.
- Chaga may help with stomach issues including IBS, ulcers and gastritis.
- Comes with warning from some doctors for people on blood thinning meds and or having an op.
- Chaga contains ample melanin, reported to be a gene protector and DNA repairer.
- Native to Siberia and Northern China
- More potent Chaga comes from these areas above because of extreme weather conditions.
- Also used topically on the skin and as incense (burned)
- Known for growing on the almighty birch tree (can also grow on oak and older beech)
- Unlike most other mushrooms, the visible part of the Chaga on the tree is the mycelium.
- The mycelium of wild Chaga is the desired part and growing conditions. ENRICHD Chaga is wild sourced.
- The fruiting body is more desirable in other mushrooms like Reishi, Turkey Tail and Lion's Mane
- In TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) Chaga is known for nourishing the kidney and liver, healing and protecting gastric mucosa.
- Reported to reduce arterial blood pressure.
- Water and alcohol extraction bring different properties.
- Eating raw Chaga is not advisable due to poor bioavailability.
Either enjoy our water + alcohol extract powder or simmer the Chaga Chunks.
- Memory and Cognitive support
- Known to be easy to digest
- Potent source of Polysaccharide (around 5 x Reishi Mushroom)
- Polysaccharides are known for having significant anti-tumor activity.
- Source of Vitamin B1, B2 and Niacin
- Protective effects on the kidney and liver.
- Lung, Heart, Liver, Kidney support.
- A source of 18 types of amino acids including 8 essential.
- Immune support through anti-inflammatory and anti-viral "skills"
- Supports healthy blood pressure.
- May lower blood sugar.
- Significant anti-tumor activity.
- Native to Brazil/Brasil
- Supporting the absorption of micro-nutrients
- Historically very respected and valuable
- Increase :Jing" (Vitality)
- Liver Health
- Cellular Health
- Supports Stomach, intestines and liver
- Balance Blood Sugar
- Most research is on the fruiting body
Rob Hoffman, DAOM, L.Ac Yo San University, Los Angeles, "Medicinal Mushrooms History and Clinical Applications" seminar. 6th December, 2020.
"Geographical Indications for Medicinal Plants:Globalization, Climate Change, Quality and MarketImplications for Geo-Authentic Botanicals"
"The formation of daodi medicinal materials"