Hey! To be clear, there is SO much more to these amazing fungi. Here are some basic notes on a few of them for reference. Wr are often asked what each does so pulled together these notes on Lions Mane, Reishi, Reishi Spore, Chaga, Cordyceps, Turkey Tail.
General notes on ENRICHD Adaptogenic Mushrooms:
- All go well in coffee, hot choc and can be drank on their own in hot water.
- Mixing best in hot liquid before adding your choice of milk.
- Ideally in a hot/warm liquid for absorption but can be added to smoothies.
- Make sure you don’t put wet or damp spoons in them.
(You’d be amazed at how many people think that a damp spoon in a dry powder is a good idea...)
- Dual extract means both water and alcohol extraction has been applied to get the most from the mushroom.
- Some compounds are only available through alcohol extraction, hence the dual extracts (water and alcohol extractions though the powders do not contain alcohol after, it’s just just to break open the cell walls of the mushrooms and access active compounds.
>> LIONS MANE <<
Dual Extract and Wood Grown
- Focus, clarity, creativity.
- Support gut health (gastroprotective potential by nourhsing stomach juices)
"It is speculated that the bioactive compounds present in the extract may play a major role in gastroprotective activity."
- Gut brain connection may be an imprtant factor here too.
- Dual extract critical on Lions Mane (it is the alcohol soluble compounds that may cross the blood brain barrier)
>> LOVE REISHI <<
Dual extract, wood grown
- Immune modulator
- Shen tonic
- Heart opener (hence the name)
- Very bitter in taste, great in coffee, hot choc or on own.
- Stevia or Coconut sugar etc can be added, though once you get into it, drinking Reishi on it’s own can be a powerful experience, adding in the intense taste.
- The bitterness can be a sign of potency.
- Fruiting body dual extract.
>> REISHI SPORE <<
Reishi Spore from Wood-Grown Reishi.
- Hormone balancer
- Immune support
- Nutty / neutral taste
- Spores can be thought of like the seeds of Reishi
Read more on ENRICHD Reishi Spore here. It's a write up by Victoria Adams.
>> CHAGA <<
Dual Extract and Wild-Sourced
- Immune Support
- A Potent Antioxidant
- Gut Health
- Anti Viral Potential
- High in Melanin for skin health
- Supports the immune during seasonal change
- Pineal gland decalcifier / third eye opener
More details on why people enjoy Chaga Tea:
- Chaga has been studied for its anti-viral, anti-cancer, anti-fungal, anti-allergic, anti-malarial, and anti-tumor properties.
- Chaga is LOADED with antioxidants (with an exceptional ORAC value, it beats almost all other foods).
- Chaga may help with stomach issues including IBS, ulcers and gastritis.
- Chaga has been consumed for thousands of years because of these potential health benefits.
- Chaga contains ample melanin, reported to be a gene protector and DNA repairer.
Chaga Note: If on blood thinning medication or going for or post op speak with your doctor about Chaga.
>> TURKEY TAIL <<
- Potent anti-viral
- Anti-cancer studies (this is mentioned a lot in Fantastic Fungi Docu as the mushroom used by the narrators mother for breast cancer). PSP and PSK being some of the well studied polysaccharides regarding this.
- Immune support
>> CORDYCEPS CS-4 <<
CS-4 strain of Cordyceps.
"The Cs-4 strain of mycelium is the only strain of Cordyceps mycelium that provides all the active compounds found in the wild harvested Cordyceps mushrooms".
- Support Lung Function
- Boost Performance
You might also like this ENRICHD blog post on the difference between Reishi and Reishi Spore, OR, this ENRICHD blog post on our mushroom sourcing, growing conditions and other in-depth info on our mushrooms/fungi.